Thursday, July 16, 2009

4th of July and 2 months old!

We spent the 4th of July in Rockport and went to Port Aransas a couple times. Both days at the beach were beautiful and the water was clearer than I've ever seen it. Our umbrella worked great for shade, but of course one day it was pretty windy and I felt like I spent the whole time hoping it wouldn't flip inside out and go flying over the dunes, thus ruining the baby's shade. Lucky for us, Brian and Phillip devised a sturdy base and we took turns sitting in the chair that kept our shade from flying away. We are determined to buy one of those huge tents that you stake into the ground and don't have to worry about :) Brian, Michelle, and Holly and Matt, Lauren and Taylor were with us. Phillip and I took Callie into the ocean and let her sit in our laps and enjoy the waves. She was so relaxed and practically fell asleep in the water. It was a fun weekend. I love Rockport, TX.


Callie is two months old now! We have playtime on her changing table everyday. It's her favorite place to wiggle around, smile, and talk. One time she said "hi" to me. Not joking. :) Seeing her smile and laugh is worth every middle of the night feeding or cranky afternoon we go through. She is so sweet!



Callie's first trip to the beach. She LOVES to be outside.



All the cousins.



She was worn out after her first swim in the ocean. Notice the monkey toes on daddy's finger :)


Fireworks Faces



Cousin Holly holding Callie



2 months old!




1 comment:

maryh said...

that last picture is adorable. you look great too! its so neat that you are traveling so much - live it up!